PoCAMon - personal online continuous air monitor for measurement of long-lived radioactive aerosols and radon daughters in breathing air
- Measurement principle: continuous deposition of long-lived radioactive alpha and beta emitters on a membrane filter, pump, semiconductor detector, alpha spectroscopy and beta total counting
- Short response time of 60 seconds
- Short battery recharge time
- Storage for more than 1 Mio. Data records
- Optical and acoustic alert functions
- Freely adjustable measurements circles
- Easy three-button-operation
- Optional: data remote transfer
- Optional: integrated GPS receiver for local assignment of the measured values
The poCAMon personal online continuous air monitor combines a very compact design with a high flow rate and long battery life.
The unit measures long living aerosols as well as short living Radon daughters by alpha spectroscopy and beta counting.
A bright alpha numeric display and the clear keypad allow the operation even under harsh conditions.
The integrated powerful charger recharges the unit within two hours.
There are sensor options for Carbone monoxide and combustible gases as needed in underground mines. Optical and acoustic alerts will warn the user immediately in case of dangerous situations.
For first responders, an optional wireless interface (Net Monitors by ZigBee) allows the officer-in-charge to receive the data online from the action forces.
The instrument can be ordered also with a GPS receiver. Because the unit is based on our DACM platform, the whole functionality of that system is available for the user (communication paths, configuration of measurement cycles, configuration etc.). The poCAMon can be part of our browser based global monitoring system TOMAS.